The greater the challenge
The stronger our voice
We can make change together
At the start of 2020, CURE never could have imagined the current situation—in the middle of a global pandemic, corresponding economic crisis, and witnessing our state and country final starting to grapple with our long history of systemic racism.
Instead of pausing CURE’s work or making it seem irrelevant, the state of the world has made our job even more important. The speed and volume of issues we are tackling have increased and are even more pressing.
CURE’s major work in 2020:
- Standing with rural communities to end racism and grow justice, equity, and inclusion for all Minnesotans.
- Working on issues facing Rural Electric Cooperatives from protecting member-owners’ lifesaving access to electricity (even if they cannot pay) to relieving co-ops of expensive coal plants to save members money.
- Giving a voice to the rural support for a Minnesota Clean Cars Standard that will help reduce our biggest source of climate pollution, make the air we breathe cleaner, and save us money every day.
- Collaborating with other area partners for the “We Are Water” and “Why Treaties Matter” exhibits to increase knowledge and awareness around issues of water and Indigenous rights across Minnesota.
- Connecting individuals and families with nature through our Tallgrass Prairie BioBlitz (coming in 2021), Minnesota Master Naturalist Prairie & Potholes course, and our Freshwater Mussel Field Day.
These are why CURE asks for your support because there is still so much work to do despite our progress. In these turbulent times, we ask you to give what you can to support what you believe in. We do big things and make lasting change TOGETHER.
Starting November 1st, you can lock in your Give to the Max Day investment to support CURE’s critical work. Give early and motivate others to ensure that CURE meets our $10,000 goal!
Give to the Max Day was created in 2009 to launch GiveMN, a collaborative venture led by Minnesota Community Foundation and many other organizations committed to helping make our state a better place. Since then, Give to the Max Day has become an annual tradition. Every year thousands of organizations and individuals generate donations and excitement for Minnesota causes that are working to improve the quality of life for all Minnesotans.
Give to the Max Day has become a national model for giving days.