The greater the challenge
The stronger our voice
We can make change together
Give to the Max Day | Nov 17, 2022
CURE’s major work in 2022:
- Helping win $10 billion in historic funding for Rural Electric Co-op’s transition to clean energy through the Inflation Reduction Act
- Partnering to fight for the protection of public waters as in the case around Limbo Creek in Renville County—recognized as a protected public water by the Minnesota Supreme Court
- Leading the Minnesota campaign against the proposed CO2/Carbon Pipelines by helping landowners and concerned communities organize and showcasing these projects as the false Climate Solution that they are and projects that will harm rural communities
- Highlighting the economic, clean energy, and community investment opportunities for rural communities in the Infrastructure Improvement and Jobs Acts and the Inflation Reduction Act
- Working on issues facing Rural Electric Cooperatives from protecting member-owners’ lifesaving access to electricity (even if they cannot pay) to relieving co-ops of expensive coal plants to save members money.
- Standing with rural communities to end racism and grow justice, equity, and inclusion for all Minnesotans.
- Connecting Xcel members in Chippewa, Kandiyohi, Lac qui Parle, Renville, Swift, or Yellow Medicine County with the opportunity to join a cooperative community solar garden
- Connecting individuals and families with nature through our Tallgrass Prairie BioBlitz (2021 & 2023)
- Minnesota Master Naturalist Prairie & Potholes course, and our Freshwater Mussel Field Day.
These are why CURE asks for your support because there is still so much work to do despite our progress. In these turbulent times, we ask you to give what you can to support what you believe in. We do big things and make lasting change TOGETHER.
Starting November 1st, you can lock in your Give to the Max Day investment to support CURE’s critical work. Give early and motivate others to ensure that CURE meets our $10,000 goal!
ABOUT: CURE is a rural, community-based, grassroots leader working in the areas of climate, energy, water, rural democracy, and connecting people with nature. In all our work, we pursue environmental justice and social justice hand-in-hand. We share what we know and draw on the expertise of others through regional and nationwide network collaborations. Our mission is to protect and restore resilient rural landscapes and build vibrant, just, and equitable rural communities by harnessing the power of citizens who care about them.
For more information visit: www.cureriver.org
Give to the Max Day was created in 2009 to launch GiveMN, a collaborative venture led by Minnesota Community Foundation and many other organizations committed to helping make our state a better place. Since then, Give to the Max Day has become an annual tradition. Every year thousands of organizations and individuals generate donations and excitement for Minnesota causes that are working to improve the quality of life for all Minnesotans.
Give to the Max Day has become a national model for giving days.
Leave a Reply